""Blessings Strengthen life and feed life just as water does." Rachel Naomi Remen, MD

This blog is a digital blessing bowl, a place to record the small blessings that are often missed or forgotten but which make life holy. Feel free to add your own blessings to my blessing bowl. Or perhaps you'll be encouraged to start your own.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Free as a butterfly

When we have done all the work we were sent to do, 
we are allowed to shed our bodies, 
which imprisons our soul like a cocoon encloses the butterfly 
and when the time is right we can let go of it. 
Then we will be free of pain, free of fears and free of worries-- 
free as a beautiful butterfly returning home to God....
Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Thinking of those I love who are free of pain, free of fear, and free of worries.  I give thanks for the blessings they brought to my life.   I give thanks for the butterflies -  beautiful, mysterious reminders of God's grace.   

No comments: