""Blessings Strengthen life and feed life just as water does." Rachel Naomi Remen, MD

This blog is a digital blessing bowl, a place to record the small blessings that are often missed or forgotten but which make life holy. Feel free to add your own blessings to my blessing bowl. Or perhaps you'll be encouraged to start your own.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A wayside sacrament

"When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, 
my soul expands in worship of the creator."
Mahatma Gandhi
 
The late afternoon-early evening view from my deck 

I had planned to catch up on some household chores after work today, but fatigue and the beauty of the evening sky convinced me that those chores could wait.  I took Ralph Waldo Emerson's advice.

Never lose an opportunity to see anything that is beautiful.
It is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament.

No comments: