""Blessings Strengthen life and feed life just as water does." Rachel Naomi Remen, MD

This blog is a digital blessing bowl, a place to record the small blessings that are often missed or forgotten but which make life holy. Feel free to add your own blessings to my blessing bowl. Or perhaps you'll be encouraged to start your own.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hope

The following is a duplicate of a post on my other blog, http://ginnysgarden.blogspot.com

HOPE
–noun
the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.



I would like for all of you to hope with me.  If you pray, I ask you to pray with me.  
As I write this my brother is having surgery for a malignant brain tumor.  No matter how successful the surgery, some of the tumor will remain - it's that kind of tumor.   But we are full of hope - for successful surgery, for a swift recovery from surgery, for successful chemo and radiation treatment with minimal side effects.
  
One of my hopes for the coming days is that my brother is able to spend time at our family house by the lake, sitting on the porch and feeling surrounded by God's loving arms. It's a healing place.  I took the photos in the slideshow below early Sunday morning, a few days after he was diagnosed, when our family gathered there in support.  We are now gathered at the hospital - waiting, hoping, praying.

 

No comments: