""Blessings Strengthen life and feed life just as water does." Rachel Naomi Remen, MD

This blog is a digital blessing bowl, a place to record the small blessings that are often missed or forgotten but which make life holy. Feel free to add your own blessings to my blessing bowl. Or perhaps you'll be encouraged to start your own.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Turn Around"

Having just celebrated the first birthday of my youngest grandchild,  the swift passage of time is on my mind.  It's a cliche but true that the time speeds up as one gets older.   What a blessing pictures are in helping us relive some of that time that went by so quickly.  And what a blessing digital cameras are!  No longer do we have to wait to process the film, having extra prints made to share with family.  Now we just connect our cameras to the various laptops and computers that we all have and transfer the pictures in a matter of minutes.
With digital pictures we're able to put together slideshows (such as the one in my sidebar honoring the life of my father) with music, captions, and other special effects.  I'm reminded of this moving TV commercial from about 1960.  Even then I'd have tears in my eyes watching it - still do!

No comments: