""Blessings Strengthen life and feed life just as water does." Rachel Naomi Remen, MD

This blog is a digital blessing bowl, a place to record the small blessings that are often missed or forgotten but which make life holy. Feel free to add your own blessings to my blessing bowl. Or perhaps you'll be encouraged to start your own.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sewing the memories

Easter 1982
When my girls were young I made Easter dresses for them every year.  The dresses they're wearing in this picture were my favorites.  They're slightly different variations of the same Vogue pattern, with tucks in the bodice and tucks around the hem.  The fabric was from Wade Mill where my mother-in-law worked and was printed with tiny rosebuds.  My son was wearing a Carolina blue John-John handed down from his cousin.  I wish I remembered what he was laughing about!
I made many of the dresses and other clothes that my girls wore when they were growing up.  I made costumes, confirmation dresses, cocktail dresses, and later their wedding dresses.  I made pocketbooks and book bags and Barbie doll clothes.  It gave me much joy. Most of those things are gone - handed down or worn out.  But they survive in these pictures, and for that I'm grateful. 

No comments: