""Blessings Strengthen life and feed life just as water does." Rachel Naomi Remen, MD

This blog is a digital blessing bowl, a place to record the small blessings that are often missed or forgotten but which make life holy. Feel free to add your own blessings to my blessing bowl. Or perhaps you'll be encouraged to start your own.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One blessing leads to another

This morning Helen Yoest of Gardening with Confidence posted a link to hummingbirds.net on her facebook page.  That link reminded me that it was time to fill the hummingbird feeders - which I did, making the nectar before work and filling them after I got home.  Finding hummingbirds.net was a blessing.  It's a great site with pictures, maps, faqs, and more.
Whenever I think of or see a hummingbird, I'm reminded of another blessing - meeting Hugh Morton and hearing him tell the stories behind many of his famous photographs.  Many of those photographs are now available to view online at the University of North Carolina's Wilson Library website.  Check out his photos and look for the hummingbird shot - fantastic!

No comments: